Gunite vs. Shotcrete Comparison
High quality fiberglass pools and spas
In partnership with San Juan pools, we offer over 65 different styles and sizes to suit every need. A leader in manufacturing fiberglass pools since 1958, San Juan is in a league of their own when it comes to quality and value and offers a 25 year structural warranty on their products*. Their low maintenance pools are non-porous, resistant to algae and other undesirable elements. This means less mechanical and chemical use and maintenance compared with concrete or vinyl liner pools. San Juan fiberglass pools never need resurfacing and can be customized with ceramic tile, deck jets, and creative decking styles, including spillover spas, and waterfalls.
- Large Selection of Shapes and Sizes
- Hayward Pumps, Filters, Heaters & Salt Systems
- Onsite consultation and custom design services
- Professional installation by experienced Woodfield crews
- Ongoing service and maintenance
Concrete Pool Construction Process
- Consultation with a Woodfield design team member, who will work with you to integrate a concrete pool into your existing landscape or include it as part of a larger outdoor living space, which could include a patio, outdoor kitchen, or fireplace.
- Careful measurement and excavation of your space by our trusted Woodfield crews.
- Installation of adequate plumbing as determined by your project’s specific needs.
- Woodfield crew members then install a reinforced cage of 3/8” steel rebars into the site excavated for the concrete pool, placing them at a distance of ten inches and securing the reinforcement with a wire.
- Next our dedicated crew will begin the application of concrete – either gunite or shotcrete – onto the reinforcement. Both are applied in a similar fashion, using a compressed air and spray mechanism. In gunite application, the cement and water do not mix completely until the spray hits the surface, so having trusted operators performing this critical step is crucial to ensuring an exceptional final product. After application of either gunite or shotcrete, compressed air is blasted over the surface for compaction of the material. After this, Woodfield crews manually level the surface using a trowel.
- After a week’s curing, a finish is applied on the concrete. This may be either plaster, paint, or fixing tiles. The pool is now complete and ready to be filled and enjoyed as part of your backyard living space for many seasons to come.
We Design and Install Concrete, Vinyl and Fiberglass Pools
Our inground pool builders can also recommend the latest in Pentair Pool Products technology including energy solutions as well as high-tech pumps, filters, heaters, cleaners, lighting, and more. Our state of the art equipment is engineered to work hard so you don’t have to.
Get a Free Estimate
We are proudly serving Baltimore City, Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Cecil, Harford, Howard counties and the state of Delaware.
We hired Woodfield to do an outdoor bar and a pizza oven. We have had many bad experiences with contractors over the years so we initially we hesitant to undertake such a big project at the house. Woodfield has renewed our faith that good contractors exist. They worked non- stop from start to finish and even on Saturdays. The stone…read more→
I can’t say enough good things about this company. They were very professional and everything was done in a timely fashion. We had a pool installed with retaining walls and it looks great! I am so glad we hired Woodfield for the job! The crew that worked at our house was professional, experienced and the hardest workers I ever met.…read more→
Thank you so much for the beautiful tile replacement on our San Juan pool. Your workers did a great job and were very friendly and professional. We look forward to using your services again in the future!